ORENCO Hydropower is a reseller of reliable Chinese equipment and developer of small hydropower facilities at existing dams, primarily in the U.S. and Central America. We have assembled a team of recognized experts in key areas, with a long history of achievement:
- EQUIPMENT: For over 30 years, worked with leading Chinese equipment suppliers to resell and integrate reliable turbines, generators, and related products and services – at a significant cost advantage.
- HYDRO PROJECT DESIGN AND ENGINEERING: Designed and engineered over 45 small hydro projects in operation in the U.S., China and Central America
- POWER MARKETS AND PROJECT VALUATION: Founders led the Energy and Environment Practice for a major strategy consulting firm for over 10 years, optimizing investments in power generation assets
- NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Founders were instrumental in the launch of over 10 successful start-up companies in energy and life sciences
- PROJECT LICENSING AND PERMITTING: Over 20 years' experience working with FERC and other regulatory bodies on project licensing
- PROJECT AND PORTFOLIO RISK MANAGEMENT: Assessed and managed risks on hundreds of power generation investments and investment portfolio.
Our growth focuses on four areas:
- Engineering, procuring and integrating cost-advantaged, reliable and proven Chinese turbines and generators of 1 MW to 100 MW to other hydro developers – capitalizing on our unique, established relationships with Chinese suppliers, in place for over 30 years
- End-to-end development of 1 MW to 50 MW hydropower projects at existing dams
- Reselling and integrating cost-advantaged, reliable and proven Chinese turbines and generators to other hydro developers – capitalizing on our unique, established relationships with Chinese suppliers, in place for over 30 years
- Building a network of small hydro developers that leverages ORENCO Hydropower services and brings a diverse, optimized portfolio of assets to investors.
- Developing distributed gas generation facilities leveraging low cost gas, very high efficiency and on-site power for protection against power outages.